cozi

Cozi is a FREE online family calendar, shopping list, family journal & photo collage screensaver. Simplify family life with Cozi.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Much needed "Proud Momma Moments" from out of nowhere!

Sitting here on the porch on this perfect rainy summer evening.  In fact, I have to say, I love this part of summer!!!  What a special treat to watch the rain roll in and out.  A perfect sunrise to the left of me, and sleeping kids behind me.  Ahh yes, a little more proof that I am His favorite!  ;) 

Beware, this post is scattered with some sadness, and realities.  Mixed in with some of my mommy heart...  My mind was everywhere, and the blog went all over with it...

Today was a pretty spectacular day as far as random Thursdays go.  In fact, if I think really hard (and with very few active brain cells, that is a very difficult thing to do.. ) this entire week had been pretty sweet.  As far as what has happened in my own 4 walls.  I needed sweet this week.  I needed it badly!  In case you hadn't heard, one of my momma friends suffered the worst kind of loss and tragedy you can imagine as a mommy.  She had to say goodbye to her sweet 11 month old baby girl, due to a tragic accident.  This is the 2nd time my friend has had to do this in 4 yrs.  I can't even fathom, wrap my head around, or hardly accept this.  In fact, no one that I know of, can.  This has made me want to drink my babies up!  I have been in awe of what the week brought me in the form of my small peeps and the joy they have radiated every day.

My middle OS, is so intuitive, it is kind of scary.  I was trying hard to hold myself together while the sobs rolled up inside of me, before a sound even came out, not even a sniff, he had his arms wrapped around me, telling me it would all be ok.  They had prayed for this sweet baby so they knew why I was sad.  I hadn't told them many details.  In all of his 7 yr old wisdom he goes "Mom, you still have us to hug and love."  I told him that that was why I was so sad.  "Our friend wouldn't get to see her baby grow up and say silly things and comfort her mommy like he was comforting me."  he looked up at me with his big blue eyes, and said "Mom, not right now, but she will forever in heaven."  Ahhhh....  So proud of that boy.

This has been a week of sometimes too much seriousness and not enough giggles.  I needed to find a balance.  Kids have a way of finding it for you.  My youngest OS loved being in VBS last week.  His awesome teacher happens to be our neighbor.  She stopped by to share how funny our kid is..  Uh oh.  Yes, that was my first thought!  LOL  After he came out of the bathroom, he asked her "if she had heard that?"  "Heard what?" she asked.  "When I pistol farted.  I farted and it sounded just like a pistol! IT WAS AWESOME!"  Ay yai yai....  So er uh, proud, ya that is the word!  What we love about him is that he is just naturally funny.  he doesn't aim to make you laugh.  In fact he doesn't even care if you do laugh.  he is just funny!  He has kept it up in true form all week long!  :)  It's hard to stay sad with that kid around!

My oldest OS has a heart bigger than Texas.  He really does.  The fact that he is like this at 10 years old just blows me away!  Quite the amazing young man in training.  He had really wanted his buddy to come and hang out with him today (I gotta give it to him.  It isn't easy being the oldest kid during the summer.  Some might even call it "lame!").  However, said buddy got really sunburned while at the lake with us yesterday (A pretty much perfect day in and of itself really!  I have such an amazing group of kiddos!  So fun!) and didn't feel so well today.  He was gonna couch surf and chill out today.  I wondered which direction oldest OS would go with this news...  To my pleasant surprise, not too bummed out and was on a new mission.  After we got our stuff done, he requested we search out a treat for his buddy (yes, I know, he is gonna make a great husband!!!  :)  ).  We had a birthday to celebrate so we headed to our favorite ice cream place.  We all finished up and went in and started making his treat to take to his buddy.  EVERYONE was helping, even the wee tot!  The frozen yogurt cup really couldn't take much more filling up, and the owner, who happened to be in the shop asked what they were up to.  Oldest OS explained the reason for such gluttony, and when we went to pay for what should have been an $8 treat, he told the oldest "no charge, pay it forward, oh wait, you already are!" and winked at us.  My kid gets it.  He was even going to pay with his own money.  I know that 1 certain young man had a huge grin on his face when his treat showed up at his door!  Oldest OS said, "MAN!  That felt good!!!"  AGREED oldest OS!  Ahh yes...  A kid with a heart!  I love it!

When you have to say goodbye in any situation, let alone one involving a small child, you get a little wake up call.  I heard someone say this week, sometimes God sends/throws pebbles, sometimes He sends/throws boulders, to wake us up.  I felt pebbles and boulders this week.  But I also felt the water taking them on their way.  I slept on the couch with my babies.  I overlooked some petty things.  I held them on my lap and in my arms longer.  These are things that should be happening all of the time.  Things that matter were accentuated this week.  Things I hope to leave as part of my legacy, to my children, were revealed.  Life is short.  You or I do NOT have a time stamped membership to this club called life.  Why aren't we all savoring all of the moments that make life worth living???  If I have learned anything from my friend, it is to suck the last drop of juice out of every situation!!  DRINK IT UP PEOPLE!  Drink it up!




Sweet Baby Kalea...  See you again sweet girl!
All my love and prayers to your all who loved and adored you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog! Love it. It is so nice to read even with the tears. God has a plan and we may not like it at the time but His will be done.

    ReplyDelete