cozi

Cozi is a FREE online family calendar, shopping list, family journal & photo collage screensaver. Simplify family life with Cozi.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Pieces of me...


Disclaimer... I frequently like to "borrow" images from the web hole... I openly admit that images such as this one are not my work. But thanks goes out to all the strangers across the world who have taken their time to upload images for me to borrow, that help me tell a story! You should know once it hits the web hole, it's free game.. Free- Did I mention how I love thee? ;) lol


This weekend I was able to brush off a piece of me that has been hidden for many years. Hidden by the many coats of improvements over the years... The layer of becoming a wife. The layer of becoming a mom, one, two, and 3 times. The layer of living in town with actual neighbors. The layer of the always present "B Word"... THE BUDGET! This piece is only known to those who knew me prior to all these layers of life that have intertwined my cracks and fractures and made them something new. But this piece was a very prominent part of my life for many years, and the source of some of my most pure friendships...


I am a horse-girl, through and through. There isn't much I don't like about them... In fact the only thing I can come up with is the cost of having them. Which is the only reason we don't have them now. Big or small... There really is nothing like a horse, to fill your heart in so many ways. The horses in my life since I was small, all held a special place in my heart... I owned my last horse in college. I stopped riding very much around the time I met Cory. I have probably only ridden 10 times since then... I can't believe that, but it is true. I can't watch anything horse related without leaking at the eyes. Add in the national anthem and I could sob, ok, have sobbed! I love the smell of it all... The sweat, their breath, grain, hay, absorbine, anything leather and saddle smelling! :)


I used to show horses and unless you have done that I cannot explain that way of life. Those who do sports with your kids you may kind of get it but not really! It is a culture. From setting up your stalls and tack stall, to the shower racks, to getting ready for your classes, and eating your lunch on a flipped over feed bucket (or manure bucket if need be.. ). Growing up with the same people in your classes year after year. The feeling of blowing a class or rocking one! Water fights after the show in the summertime... You get the idea... A pretty great experience and one I am thankful that my mom had me be part of.


I got to take my boys and hang out with a friend from high school this weekend with her team of draft horses (not what I did) at a draft show... Yes, I wanted to get leaky at the eyes frequently... I was feeling this piece of me being dusted off and having an absolute ball. I was watching my kids soak it up to! More leaking (I'll blame it on the cracks! lol)... My kids have been around horses on and off all their lives and they come by the horse bug naturally! It was great... It was fulfilling in such an unexpected way. I had forgotten how much fun that is. To get ready for a class, watch those you love head into the ring and do their thing and watch intently, hoping it all went well! Being happy for them no matter what, because you know the work it takes to get there! Brushing the horses after a class, seeing them look at you for approval. The whole thing, there is really nothing like it in my current world. I wouldn't trade my reality for that, but wouldn't mind combining the 2 again someday. :)


I was praying last night and just laying there thinking of how incredible my weekend had been. Thanking God for making it all possible and blessing my socks off all weekend long. Not only had I had this experience, but I was able to go wish a sweet friend good luck on their move, and celebrate 2 of my nieces birthdays! My current life is rich with my boys, amazing friendships and family, a great job, and abounding blessings. It was just that I realized my past had a lot of that too. In fact it made me think of other pieces of me I haven't seen lately. Like the backpacker who would take off with just her dog and a pack and go! The road-tripper who would just jump in a car with her friends pick a spot of the map, and go! I also remembered some pieces I am glad I haven't seen in years and they can stay hidden forever and I'll be fine with that! lol I have been blessed richly and trust I am right where I am supposed to be. God knows my heart and if He thinks I should combine both worlds someday then it will happen. Until then, I will take my friends and family up on their offers and get my quick fixes along the way... Speaking of, in March, all 3 of my boys will have officially gotten to ride my gelding I grew up loving, braiding and showing. That is pretty awesome!


Along with the old pieces, I have picked up some new ones along the way. I think that is the way it is supposed to be. Or at least I hope so because it sure does feel right! :)


A new piece of me is one that makes herself do things that are good for her, like going to bed before 11, so off I go...


Too many pieces to count, but who cares?

K.. :)
Thank you Flinstone Gravel Family for letting us invade your space, not once but twice! The kids are crazy over Barney and Fred! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment